McIntyre Community Acupuncture and Wellness
5211 McIntyre St
Golden CO 80403
- Community Acupuncture between $25-$45 a treatment (sliding scale)
- 5 Element Acupressure and Laser $125 Initial 90-120min, $75 follow-up or package of 5 for $300
- Massage $60/hr package of 3 for $160 (save $20)
- Stop Smoking Package $380 – 3-week package (details below)
- Yoga $12 drop in, $90 for package of 10 sessions
- Tai Chi Classes $12 drop in, $90 for package of 10 sessions
- Migen Bed (Jade Massage rollers) no charge while you wait
- Indian Head Massage $30/30min
- Reflexology $60/hr or package of 3 for $160 (save $20)
The first yoga and Tai Chi class is no charge to try them out!Herbs are still available for purchase at our original Calm Spirit location.
Community Acu (Ignacia): 3:30pm-6:30pm
Yoga (Anne): 9am-10am
Community Acu (Nate): 3pm-6pm
Community Acu (Ignacia): 3:30pm-6:30pm
Community Acupuncture (Nate): 3pm-6pm
Tai Chi -Chinese Style(Nate): 8:30am-9:30am
CALL FOR APPOINTMENTS: 303-467-5337
Community Acupuncture: Walk-Ins available when our sign is out!
Massages and Reflexology by appointment only.
Stop smoking with the help of Health professionals, the Mayo Clinic, and Acupuncture
4-week program includes:
- FREE 60-min Interview/Consultation with a Registered Nurse.
- 3 Step plan from the Mayo Clinic and individualized care.
- Placement & Take home Acu-Ear Kit seeds to alleviate cravings.
- Aculaser De-tox and Five Element Body work every week.
- Community Acupuncture twice a week by appointment at 5211 McIntyre Street for support and well being.
Nancy Harnum RN has experience in Cardiac Surgery Research, is an Associate Professor in Public Health, and Graduate intern of Five Element Acupuncture & Body Work.Please visit Nancy’s LinkedIn page and staff info for more detail on professional background and education.
Healthy Weight Cleanse – a 21 Day Cleanse & Learn Balanced Seasonal Eating
- Nancy Harnum RN, MSA and Alexia Bennetts LAc will discuss details and overview of the 3 week program.
- SP (Standard Process) Complete 21 day cleanse shakes, supplements, dietary journal, and recipes
- 9 – Community Acupuncture (3 weeks – 3x a week)
- 1 hour weekly group encouragement/support/seminar meetings – optional weigh-in and BP check with sample foods
- food displays recommended for the cleanse and for long term health
- samples of foods such as
- Ear seeds and body acupuncture highly recommended 3x a week
- Make an appointment for the community clinic during the following hours:
- Monday: 3:30pm-6:30pm (Ignacia)
- Tuesday: 3pm-6pm (Nate)
- Wednesday: 3:30pm-6:30pm (Ignacia)
- Friday: 3pm-6pm (Nate)
- The goals of this program:
- To teach a 3 week jump start cleanse using whole foods and whole food supplements.
To learn seasonal, long-term healthy eating as Chinese medicine teaches.
Supporting gradual yet effective and healthy style weight-loss and over all health through increased energy level and promoting a sense of well-being, using diet, exercise and acupuncture.
To support metabolism to burn excess fat, speed up the breakdown of fatty tissues.
To relieve cravings through balancing organ systems.
To regulate appetite to decrease unnecessary food intake.
Diuretic effect to eliminate excess water accumulation.
Support spleen/stomach efficiency and bowel movements.
Support the body detoxifying toxins.
To instill and support long-term lifestyle changes with diet and exercise.
To help patients “tune-in” to their body and know when it is in balance and when it is not and if lifestyle changes are needed.
Help patients reduce stress.
$610 for first 21 day program
9 – Community Acupuncture Treatments – (a $225 value!)
SP (Standard Process) Complete 21 day cleanse shakes, supplements, dietary journal, and recipes… (a $220 value!)
1 hour Sunday afternoon weekly group support meetings – optional weigh-in and BP check with sample foods
Program begins 1 week after first meeting to give everyone a chance to buy and prepare all foods, veggies, soups etc… Preparation is essential!
If a patient chooses to continue meetings and acupuncture, $250 for 3 additional weeks.
Gentle Flow:Indulge yourself in this fun, gentle Vinyasa-inspired flow! We’ll focus on unleashing movement and warmth, and fully supported Restorative poses. it’s nice to balance all your scheduled demands with a bit of “me time!”… These are all-levels class that will leave you sailing with a smile!
Find Your Space:This practice offers a meditative flow experience focusing in the breath as a guide for transformation. Through slowing down our movements and gravity aid, we dive deeper into the power of the breath, building strength, balance, focus and awareness. You will leave this class feeling strong connected, spacious and ready!
TAI CHI Differences
Chinese Style Tai Chi:Taijiquan blends exercise, posture, health and martial skill. Taijiquan commonly called Taiji or Tai Chi is a martial art that developed in Chen Jiaguo (Chen Village). It is based on the martial practice of the Chen family. It, like other traditional Chinese martial arts, incorporates Neijia (internal practices) and Waijia (external practices). Neijia are the Qigong (Chinese Yogic) practices involving cultivation of Jing (vitality), Qi (personal energy) and Shen (Mental Spirit). Waijia are the Qigong (Chinese Yogic) practices that are physical movements and postures (aka the “form”) as well as other exercises.
Korean Style Tai Chi:It is called Dahnhak Kigong. The forms are from the Ancient Han Philosophy of Korea. It is a Mind-Body Method of the Shin-seon-do (Taoist practices) of Korea.Basically, it is a way of naturally healing the body using energy principles of the Tao.